We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. If you’re approved, welcome aboard! You’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote Talent Builder via referrals links. Check out your private Affiliate Area for visits and referrals information, creatives, graphs and more!
Commissions and Payouts
You’ll earn 20% commission when a user signs up to join Talent Builder using your referral link. This means every month or annually (depending which subscription option they chose) when their subscription renews we will commission a further 20% for as long as they are with us.
We pay out affiliate commissions in GBP via PayPal in the first week of every month. The minimum payout balance is £20 and there’s no maximum payout balance.
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases.
The details in summary:
- You’ll receive 20% commission for every new sale you refer
- Minimum payout balance of £20, and no maximum payout (we pay in GBP)
- Commissions are paid in the first week of every month
- Referrals are paid via PayPal
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address)
Referral Cookie Lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referrals link a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referrals. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they which to join Talent Builder or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
The referrals will not be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally use to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchased after 30 days (because the cookie will expire and thus the sale won’t be trackable)
Direct Link Tracking
We use our own Direct Link Tracking, so if you prefer, you can skip the referrals link (eg. ?ref=123) when you link to our site from your https:// website. You can submit a direct link to your own website in the Settings tab of your Affiliate Area. We’ll review your direct link submission and if it’s approved you’ll no longer need to use a referral link when linking to Talent Builder directly from your site. We will recognise your domain alone and award sales which originated from your domain.
Note: Direct Link Tracking is only available if your site has an SSL certificate and therefore the https:// protocol. We will only approve websites that are 100% owned by you.
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the subscription has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals £20.00 or over). If a subscription is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Affiliate news and updates
By becoming an affiliate you agree to receive emails from Talent Builder. These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding changes to the Talent Builder affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote Talent Builder. As an affiliate you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted). And we won’t spam you, ever – promise!
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote Talent Builder and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Talent Builder Affiliate Program Policies
How you promote Talent Builder is reflected in the commission you earn. We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to Talent Builder and bring us legitimate, loyal customers. We love it when our team of affiliates write about learning and development within the recruitment industry and mention Talent Builder.
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell colleagues or people within your network about Talent Builder, and give them your affiliate referral link
- Write a review or a blog post about your development journey within Recruitment and how Talent Builder has supported your development and link to our site with your referral link
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your Linkedin followers about recruitment training with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is the best way to get more referrals.
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited promotional methods
We love and back our services 100%, and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want affiliates who are 100% behind us. The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from fraudulent activity, which is something we take seriously.
- Talent Builder may not be promoted on coupon sites
Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for Talent Builder services, so this method adds no value to Talent Builder.
- Any type of spam is prohibited
Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote Talent Builder. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited
This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated. See above for allowed promotional methods.
- Please don’t pretend to be professionally associated with Talent Builder
Affiliates aren’t employees of Talent Builder or Zero Entropy Networks Ltd and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be Talent Builder is 100% prohibited
Cloning our site, copying our site, using any of our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official Talent Builder site is unethical and prohibited.
- Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by Talent Builder is prohibited.
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us.
Consequences of prohibited promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable and delete your affiliate account. We reserve the right to action this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use allowed promotional methods only, and help us to help you succeed as an affiliate.
The important stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate, you are not an employee of Talent Builder. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against Talent Builder or Zero Entropy Networks Ltd. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Sound good to you? Great! Thank you for taking the time to read through these T’s and C’s and for agreeing to them. We can’t wait to have you on board!